A view from the retreat
There are so many things I could share with you that I learned. I laughed. I cried. I was encouraged and I dare say that I am being transformed. Some of the highlights that I left with from my home church conference, themed Revive Us, are:
- that I am enough
- God is enough
- there is enough time in the day to do everything God wants me to do
- Phil 4:4-8 has become my mission/action/life verse
- I cannot be the woman that God wants me to be without pressing into his Word and spending time with Him
Listening to the Simulcast with Baby F
And some of the highlights that I left with from the Heart to Home Women's Conference Simulcast are:
- we are imperfect but we serve a perfect Christ
- find a mentor, be a mentor - there is such life in this
- only our purpose should define us, not a social system
- God exists in relationships
- real and authentic relationships are hard and take work but they are worth it
- I am here to serve, not to be served
- God's word is personal, practical and powerful
- God's word transforms
These are really only nuggets as both conferences were filled with such depth. One of the main things that I personally plan on doing is pressing into my Bible even more and meditating on His word. What is God showing you?
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.
My church had a photo booth set up and Baby F and I spent a few minutes having fun. Enjoy these photos!
The giant green glasses...
I love these ears!