Monday, January 4, 2016

Just Show Up - Life Changing Advice


I have to share with you a powerful book that I just finished, Just Show Up by Kara Tippetts and Jill Lynn Buteyn.  Oh my goodness, it is such a touching and relevant read.  I do want to say that it is a hard read.  There is pain and sorrow yet it is coupled with beauty.  Just Show Up shares the journey and friendship of Kara Tippetts and Jill Buteyn.  Just six months into their newly formed friendship, Kara was diagnosed with cancer.  Jill had a choice to make - she could walk away or choose to walk with Kara through it all.  She chose the later.  Although, it was not an easy choice it was worth it in so many ways.  It was beautiful to read about this journey through the eyes of both women and to be reminded how powerful just being can really be.  I love the honesty and real life shared.  I pictured myself entering these women's homes and sitting beside them on their couch - it felt intimate.  I am sad to say that Kara lost her battle with cancer March 2015; yet through this book her story of resilience, strong faith and an amazing friendship lives on.  This is the true definition of community.

 I love this image.

I think about how many times I might have missed out on an opportunity or walked away when someone needed me because I over thought the situation or didn't see how I could make a difference.  This book inspires me to dig deeper into my own friendships and community - and to Just Show Up!
 
Disclosure: I am proud to be a Family Christian Blogger and Affiliate.  I was provided with my own copy of Just Show Up to facilitate my review.  All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: