Friday, November 15, 2019

God's Mail Volume 3 Review


I have a new book to share with you, God's Mail Volume 3 by Ron Hardin from God's Mail.  I received a physical book but it is also available in Kindle format.  Ron is the author of more than 500 poems covering a variety of topics.  Similar to Volumes 1 and 2, this book contains poems that are meant to address the challenges of life for both believers and non-believers.  There is a page of scripture verses to go along with with each of the poems.

 A Bunch of Dust

This book contains 96 poems on numerous topics.  The format is the same for each poem as all of them are made up of a number of rhyming couplets.  There is a page of scripture verses with a photo of a lantern in the background followed by a poem with a photo of hands holding a heart in the background (See example above and below).  The poems are arranged in alphabetical order by title name.  The Scripture verses are from different Bible translations.  I'm personally not really a fan of The Message Bible and The Living Bible as they are more paraphrases of the Word; however, I liked having the scripture references and I can read them in my preferred translation.   I would have liked to see some of the poems break free of the rhyming pattern.  I think my favorite thing about the entire book is the scripture that is included.  The Bible itself has beautiful poetry in it and I would encourage everyone to read it.

 Do It Now

This book is also more of a workbook size using 8.5 x 11 size pages instead of more standard size like 6 inches x 9 inches.  I would actually prefer this in a more compact form as this size seemed bulkier than it needed to be.  I don't mind it being paperback though.  

 Don't Delay

To me this felt a little like reading someone's personal journal in rhyming form.  I also had a hard time connecting and/or agreeing with everything that these poems express.  Take the poem above for example, Don't Delay.  While I agree that I want to keep my word when I promise to pray for others (and this can be an issue as some take that promise far too lightly) I feel like its tone is a bit more about me than God.  I felt this way about several of the poems so this book isn't for everyone.

Be sure to click on the banner below to visit the Homeschool Review Crew blog to read more reviews of God's Mail Volume 3 and see what others have to say.

God's Mail: Volume 3 {God's Mail Reviews}

Crew Disclaimer 

No comments: