Thursday, November 7, 2019

My Plant Stand Teleidoscope

My new Teleidoscope Plant Stand

I have the coolest gift to share with you today, one that my father-in-law made me - it's a plant stand teleidoscope.  If you don't know, a teleidoscope can be used to make kaleidoscopic patterns from objects outside the instrument.  My father-in-law build a plant stand with a lazy Susan bowl and attached a teleidoscope.  You can turn the bowl and look into the viewfinder to see some magical patterns.  The bowl is removable.  We have an additional empty bowl that we can fill with various items and see what patterns they make.  We are having so much fun with this gift!

A front view...

 A side view of our Plant Stand Teleidoscope

 And a view from the top...

 Here I turned the bowl so you can see that the flowers rotate.

 Heading toward the viewfinder...

 Almost there...

 Aren't the patterns amazing?

 Another pattern...

And another!

We have already looked at various items through our teleidoscope - LEGOs, D's gymnastics medals, and stuffed birds to name a few.  What would you want to see?

No comments: