Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Own Fitness Challenge

Sorry I haven't been around lately.  Life was so busy during and after the Holidays - as many of you probably know!

Two weeks ago I found out that I was not selected to be a part of a blogging health challenge.  I was actually uber excited about the possibility of getting healthier, receiving some awesome health products and monetary compensation for doing so.  I also thrive on competition.  Needless to say, I wasn't chosen and it put me in a bit of a funk shall we say.

However, I pulled myself out of the pit and got myself in gear - thanks be to God!  I have decided that I need want to get in shape - compensation or not.  I am going to do this for ME!  Many of you guys know that I started running last year.  How much easier would my running be if I was lighter?  Hmmm, how much faster would I run?  These are some of the questions I have been asking myself.

I debated if I was even going to publish a post on this and then decided that it would be good for me.  Maybe someone would be encouraged, maybe someone could hold me accountable - I have a lot of maybes here huh?

So my goal is to lose 46 pounds - yikes that is a lot!  And I am happy to report that after two weeks I am 10.5 pounds lighter.  Yeah for progress.  35.5 pounds doesn't sound as bad.

Not a great photo but I will take it :)

What about you?  Are you getting healthier this year?

3 comments:

Kristine -Heart Shaped Sweat said...

Good for you! Love your post today :) turning sour into sweet is the key! Keep up the good work, whatever you're doing is clearly working!

Alicia Seeley said...

That is awesome!!! Keep going strong,you are gonna do great!!!

Maura said...

Good job, Kathryn!