Thursday, July 25, 2019

All About Space


I cannot believe that less than a week ago the 50th anniversary of the moon landing took place!  It's incredible to think about.  In honor of this recent anniversary, Timberdoodle created an All About Space blog hop and I couldn't be more thrilled.  You guys know how much we love space.  I wanted to link up a few of my most recent space inspired posts.

Thinking of having a space themed birthday party or looking for fun party ideas?  Check out A's last Star Gazing Birthday Party.  It was so much fun!  The candy and marshmallow constellation games were a lot of fun.  {Special thanks to Handmade Charlotte and Lulu the Baker for the printables below.  You can get them yourself at the Star Gazing Birthday Party post.}

To play - tilt and move the bowl around until you get all the candies settled into the stars with holes.

To make these, you just need toothpicks, marshmallows and your constellation guides.

Looking for a fun space game to add to your game collection?  I want to suggest Timberdoodle's Asteroid Escape Smart Game.  Think of it as a Sci-Fi equivalent of a car chase.  It's a single player game for ages 8 to adult and it comes with numerous challenges.  We love having it.  Check out my Asteroid Escape Smart Game review for more details!


What about a fun space book to read with your kids?  There are so many!  We really enjoyed learning about Alan Shepard's life in YWAM Publishing's Heroes of History - Alan Shepard.  I appreciate that you can use this book as a family read-aloud or let your kids read them on their own.  Check out my Alan Shepard book review for more details!


There are so many fun space inspired activities you can do.

Put together a space puzzle.

 Make a Play-Doh inspired Solar System.

I hope you have been enjoying your summer.  Ours is still going by at the speed of light - too fast for my liking.  Be sure to check out other space ideas at the link-up below, I'm sure they are out of this world!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments: