Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine's Ideas and Fun

The kids and I were able to attend two homeschool Valentine's Day parties this week.  The first event was open to homeschoolers in Austin while the second event was specifically for our enrichment co-op that we are starting in a few weeks (which I am super excited about).  My oldest five kiddos made their own boxes and 50 Valentine's each for the first party, phew!  And I picked up a really fun heart shaped cookie cutter from Family Christian last week.  I have been having fun with our lunches and snacks.

A's box is candy themed.

 Here are her valentines.  I am so proud of her for making so many bracelets!

 B went for a robot theme.  I love the eyes and arms.

She made her valentines herself.

Cute, right?

I don't have a great photo of C's box, but his is the basket right there with the heart balloons.  He tied them together to make a hot air balloon.

 C's pencil valentines

For some reason I do not have photos of D and E's boxes but D's is decorated as a super hero with a felt cape and E's is covered in heart and bug stickers.

 D's valentines were super hero lollipops.

 E's valentines were love bugs.

 This is the cute towel and cookie cutter set that I picked up at Family Christian.

Making heart sandwiches

 The kids thought these were super cute and fun.

 I heart you.

 We have also made butter and jelly toast.

It doesn't have to be Valentine's Day to use this cutter or have some fun with your kids.  I have a feeling this will be used a lot in our home.  Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a great time with lots of great ideas for next year!

Unknown said...

Awww, how adorable!! I LOVE the heart-shaped bread!!!

Athena said...

Looks like a great day for all. I usually go above and beyond for Valentine's Day but never quite got there this year. The closest I got was a heart shaped sandwich. You did great.

Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN said...

Great ideas! I really love the bracelets and the love bugs. I will have to use these next year- thank you for the ideas!!!!

MM said...

Those boxes and Valentines are adorable! It looks like the kids had a lot of fun making them.

Denise C said...

That pencil idea is so cute. We aren't allowed to send food into school, so I'd like to try something like that next year.