Friday, March 6, 2015

I'm Seeing Green at Family Christian

Disclosure: I am proud to be a Family Christian Blogger and Affiliate.  I was provided with a Family Christian certificate to facilitate a post about St. Patrick's Day.  All opinions expressed are my own.

Check out my green loot!

I love St. Patrick's Day for several reasons.  I am a redhead.  And if you know anything about redheads, we can have a temper and we usually have a bit of Irish in us.  Green is also my favorite color!  A day for everyone to wear green - yes!  I also really love the story of St. Patrick.  As a young boy he was kidnapped and taken to Ireland as a prisoner.  Years later he escaped only to return as a missionary to the country that kidnapped him - love this story of redemption!  In honor of St. Patrick's Day I picked out some fun "green" items at Family Christian.

My new green journal.  I love the color, design and verse.

Inside the journal

 Check out my new "Trust" bottle.

I fell in love with this His Eye is on the Sparrow Journal.  The pages are lined inside with scripture verses at the bottom of each page.  This adorable glass bottle was calling my name.  I love the bird motif and just as this is a year of transformation for me, it is also becoming a year of trust.  Trusting in the Lord that He is who He says He is and that He is bigger than all things.  This bottle is a simple, tangible reminder for me to simply trust.

A beautiful reminder for me to trust!

  fun lunch bunch box

Have you seen the fun lunch/snack boxes at Family Christian?  They have several patterns and they are all fun!  I chose the green one.  I really like that it has He makes all things new woven into the design.  An extra reminder for me to make better meal/snack choices.

 The lunch/snack box has a removable, adjustable divider inside.

 Patrick Patron Saint of Ireland by Tomie dePaola

Of course, I also wanted to pick up a book to read to the kids about St. Patrick.  I found this fun one called Patrick Patron Saint of Ireland by Tomie dePaola.  It gives a short account of Patrick's life and also has several pages of myths surrounding St. Patrick (the legend of the shamrock, driving out the snakes, etc.).  The book is concise and I really like the artwork.

Here you can see a sample of the art and the legend of St. Patrick and the shamrock.

 Making Shamrocks

Remember my heart cookie cutter that I picked up last month at Family Christian?  We used it to make shamrocks this time, it worked perfectly!

 trace around the cutter

a perfect shamrock

 I also had a fun frame.

I couldn't resist getting a photo of baby F with it.

So what are you doing for St. Patrick's Day?  Don't forget to wear your green!

3 comments:

Mandee said...

Why have I never thought to make cookie cutter shamrocks? Thanks for sharing! We will definitely be trying that at home! I love all of the things you chose, especially the journal! :)

SavingsInSeconds said...

Love that lunchbox. That would be a fun way to pack snacks!

Belinda said...

As a fellow redhead and lover of the color green, I appreciate your excitement over St. Patrick's Day! I'd like to get that book for my kids and well as my Pre-school class. And I LOVE that bottle!