Thursday, February 8, 2018

Timberdoodle's Draw The USA Review

Draw The USA

I love being a Timberdoodle Blogger!  I have a fun homeschool resource from Timberdoodle that I want to share with you, Draw The USA by Kristin J. Draeger.  This book is an easy step-by-step approach to drawing the USA.  I love that it is both geography and art.  Most of my children have a good idea of the shape of the United States and some states but I love that this gives them an easy way to break down the entire United States or more accurately build and draw the entire United States.  A, B, C and D all worked through this book (8th grade, 6th grade, 5th grade and 3rd grade).

Getting started

C beginning his map

A looks so serious

Smile photo break

The kids liked starting with a few states and then building on their neighbors until they worked through the entire United States.

D's map

We worked through this book in one day and I thought my kids did a great job.  I love how easy the steps were so that you can work through this book at your own pace and on your own timeline - a day, a week, a month, 5 minutes here or there.  This is also a great book to rework through and continue practicing as it's a nonconsumable resource.  You can continue to work through Draw The USA until you can draw it from memory!  It's a great way to learn all the states and abbreviations as well.

D's finished USA map

C's finished USA map

B's finished USA map

 And A's finished USA map

Draw The USA is part of Timberdoodle's 5th grade curriculum kit.  You can check it out and read more about Draw The USA on Timberdoodle's website.

Disclosure:  Huge shout out to Timberdoodle for selecting me as a Timberdoodle Blogger.  Timberdoodle sent my family the Draw The USA for a discounted price in exchange for our honest review.  All opinions are my own.

3 comments:

MaryAnne said...

We love this book! Your kids did great.

Kathryn said...

Thanks Maryanne. This whole series is pretty great.

glendraeger said...

Thanks for this review! I am, as I affectionately refer to myself, "The Husband" of Kristin. So glad your children enjoyed the book. Love the photos!