Friday, October 8, 2010

Our National Hunting & Fishing Day Adventure

A few weeks ago our family went to the National Hunting and Fishing Day in Round Rock. We had a lot of fun. Hunting is a topic that has always been difficult for me. I have never liked the idea of hunting for sport but I totally get it for food source. My Dad was never a hunter growing up but his Dad, my grandfather, was an avid outdoorsman. My siblings and I spent a few weeks with him in Washington one summer and he taught me how to use a bb gun. I was actually pretty good but I have yet to fire another one off after that. I am not a gun fan really. All that said, my kiddos had a good time at the event. I actually got to take A and C out for a kayak ride which was really fun for me! B got to practice fishing (with pretend fish) and all of the kids enjoyed the sensory safari set up for the little ones. The sensory safari was pretty neat because the kids got to see lots of animals up close and personal. They liked to feel the different coats and ask their names.

B going fishing. I love that C is standing there with a rubber bracelet in his mouth.

The Sensory Safari

A posing

C petting and exploring the moose

The bear

A and B feeling the animals

A and Mommy

C and Mommy. He looks squished in this picture. I assure you he had a good time. He got me nice and wet/muddy too!

No comments: