Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Mixed Bag of Emotions

Update on D: Well, last night we took D back to Dell Childrens.  She was having uncontrolable crying and what seemed to be little bits of delirium.  Anyhoo, the great news is that they looked her over and she is doing well.  She passed her neuro exam with flying colors so we are to continue monitoring her.  She is doing really great today and there seems to be no sign of fever.  Just wanted to keep everyone up-to-date.

D this morning looking at her card from A.

Well, today started off as one of the scariest days of my life.  But it did end a lot better!  Miss D woke up early this morning having a seizure.  It just so happened that I was holding her at the time (the mercy of the Lord if you ask me).  I called 911 and we were taken to Dell Childrens.  As D and I were walking toward the ambulance I had such mixed emotions.  I thought to myself, this is something that no mother ever wants to see.  And then at the same time, I thought this is what every mother would want to see (if your child needs help!).  I almost lost my cookies so to speak in the ambulance but luckily that was not to be.  D received great care and was diagnosed as having a febrile seizure.  A seizure associated with a high spike in temperature, fevers.  Apparently, children who have them are 20-30% more likely to have them again with fevers but we are hoping and praying that we will be in the 70-80% who never see them again.  So we are home resting and recovering.  I would appreciate your prayers for continued healing for our princess.  I knew God made her with a little bit more spunk for a reason :)

No comments: