Monday, September 16, 2013

Nuby Squid Squirter Review


I love being a Nuby Mommy Blogger.  We just received our new box last week and I am so excited about all of our new bath toys!  Stay tuned for my upcoming reviews which will include Squid Squirter, Foam Bath Letters and Numbers, Splish Splash bath time stacking cups, Foam Bath Animals and the Sea Scooper!  Oh, and there will be an awesome giveaway with one of them :).

Meet Squid Squirter

 D (who is 3 1/2) learned how Squid worked rather quickly.

She was able to fill him up under water no problem.

And of course, make him Squirt!

 E was a tad bit excited to have Squirt join our family.

 E (who is almost 2) enjoyed Squirt as well.  She has not mastered the art of filling up Squirt yet but I think it won't be long.  She is able to get water into him on her own, just not completely fill him.

 E hugging her new bath toy.

I was so impressed with how much power that the Nuby Squid Squirter had that we decided to have a little experiment.  The kids and Squirt and I went outside and determined how far he could indeed squirt.

 
E had fallen asleep so D was up first!

 At the starting line

And go...

D was able to shoot water out of Squid Squirter that went 9 feet!

C's turn - result 23 feet!

B's turn - 21 feet!

 A's turn - 35 feet!

Now, that is power!  This got me thinking, Squid Squirter not only works for bath time fun but he would also make a fabulous pool toy!

My thoughts:  Nuby Squid Squirter is colorful and fun.  My kids were engaged and entertained with him.  Squid Squirter definitely helps bath time become fun time.  I would be aware that Squid really squirts - as our experiment above shows!  You may need to direct your children where the best spots in your bathroom are to squirt him or you could have a bit of a mess.  Younger children may need a bit of assistance filling up the chamber with water and pushing down the handle but it won't be long before they have it completely figured out.

Read more about Squid Squirter below.

According to Nuby
18+ Months
- Great way to make bath time fun.
- Hold the Squid under water and pull the handle back until the chamber is filled with water.  Then push down on the handle and watch the water squirt everywhere.
- Encourages development and play.
- BPA FREE

Nuby Squid Squirter is available for purchase at the following retailers: www.BuyBabyDirect.com, www.cookieskids.com, www.amazon.com, www.bedbathandbeyond.com, www.buybuybaby.com, www.echildstore.com and www.diapers.com.

Thanks Nuby for another awesome product!  Remember you can connect with Nuby on facebook, twitter, instagram, and pinterest as well. 

Disclosure:  I did not receive any compensation for this post, although as part of this program I may receive items to sample or review.  All opinions expressed are 100% my own.

6 comments:

sarh s said...

The Nuby Squid Squirter looks like so much fun!!! My kids would love one of these, may have to check and see if they are at Target next time we go! Thanks for sharing the fun!! :)

Unknown said...

Very cute! I think my son would love this. It looks like a great toy for outside or in the tub. The new Nuby bath toy line looks awesome- cute, versatile, inexpensive, and fun!

Bianca @ The Pierogie Mama said...

I'm excited to try this one out too - I am a new Nuby blogger!

Debi Gerhart said...

That is so cool. I bet my kids would love it!

Kathryn said...

Thanks everyone! Welcome to the Nuby family Bianca :).

reesa said...

Oh my kids would have LOVED this at the pool this summer!!!!