Monday, February 18, 2019

CoOp Science Fair


I have been teaching a Science Fair class at our weekly CoOp and it has been challenging and fun to teach the kids in my class the principles of the Scientific Method.  Last week, we had a mini Science Fair and the kids were able to present their projects.  There were six different project topics:  water evaporation, the rings of Saturn, how shape affects the eruption of a volcano, Diet Coke and Mentos vs Mountain Dew and Life Savers, testing the advertising claims of Flex tape and how changing the amount of baking soda affects an eruption.  Yes, volcano projects are popular.  I'm so proud of these kids!  I think for most of them this was their first experience with a Science Fair project and all that it entails.  I look forward to seeing all that we accomplish the rest of this school year.

No comments: