Thursday, September 1, 2022

Gigi & Nate Movie Review


I have an adorable film to share with you, 'Gigi & Nate!'  This film is set to release in theaters tomorrow, Friday, September 2, 2022.   I was blessed to receive a prescreener of this film.

Synopsis:  Nate Gibson's life is turned upside down after he suffers a near-fatal illness and is left a quadriplegic.  Moving forwards seems impossible until he meets his unlikely service animal, Gigi - a curious and intelligent capuchin monkey - who helps Nate finds what he needs most: hope.

Details:  This film is written by David Hudgins and directed by Nick Hamm.  It stars Marcia Gay Harden, Charlie Rowe, Josephine Langford, Hannah Riley, Zoe Colletti, Jim Belushi and Diane Ladd.  This film is rated PG-13 and is 114 minutes in length.

My Thoughts: David and I watched this film together and I really enjoyed it.  I love how this film emphasizes the bond between animals and humans, specifically Gigi & Nate.  After Nate becomes a quadriplegic, Nate's mother looks for him a therapy animal when he seems to have no hope.  While everything was far from perfect, Gigi & Nate learn to trust each other over time and Gigi begins to really help Nate with some of his essential therapy as well as emotional support.  It’s truly amazing how much an animal can impact a life as shown by GiGi and Nate!  Even when this duo is threatened, they find a way to stay together.

Want to know more?  Enjoy the official movie trailer below.

Be sure to engage with Gigi & Nate on social media below.

 Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | TikTok

Disclosure:  Thanks so much to Grace Media for providing me with an advanced screener of this film to facilitate my review.  All opinions expressed are 100% my own.

No comments: