Friday, May 25, 2012

Cowgirls N' Angels Review


I have a new movie to tell you about, Cowgirls N' Angels which will be in theaters starting today Friday, May 25th.  I was blessed to watch a prescreening online prior to release!

About Cowgirls N' Angels:
Cowgirls N' Angels is a heartwarming movie that tells the story of Ida, a feisty and rebellious young girl, who had dreams of finding her father, a rodeo rider.  While searching for her dad, she connects with the Sweethearts of the Rodeo, a team of young female rodeo riders run by former rodeo star Terence Parker.  Recognizing Ida's innate talent for trick riding, Terence recruits her for their ranks.  Accepted wholeheartedly by her new "family,"  Ida finds a new passion that redefines her life, and may also help her find the father she's been searching for.

Overall, I really enjoyed this movie.  The acting is fantastic (and includes James Cromwell, Bailee Madison, and Jackson Rathbone).  I felt that every role in this movie was played well.  This movie also does a great job displaying a wide range of emotions - well done, and they never descend to vulgarities - which is huge in my opinion.  There are a few scenes that are more difficult to watch - specifically a few yelling scenes between Ida and her mother.  I don't think that we would let our littlest children watch this movie but we would let A watch it who is 8. 

Cowgirls N' Angels is about a young girl and partly her love of horses.  A lot of the film is girls riding horses; I think the target audience is probably 8-12 year old girls in love with horses.  A's favorite animal right now is the horse and she has horse pictures plastered up all over her room so she would love it!  I think she would be amazed at the stunts and trick riding performed by the Sweethearts.

You can check out the trailer for yourself here!

Disclosure:  I was blessed to see an advanced online screening of this movie.  All opinions expressed are 100% my own.

No comments: