Monday, August 19, 2013

A Tribute to my Grandmother Kathryn

Three generations of Kathryn
(My Mom, My Grandmother and Me)

My grandmother, Kathryn, passed away yesterday morning.  Her health had been failing the last few months and we expected that she wouldn't be on this Earth much longer, but death is never easy.  She did have a long and blessed life.  She had seven children (2 boys and 5 girls), 17 grandchildren (7 boys, 10 girls) and soon to be 19 great grandchildren (10 boys, 8 girls and our surprise).  That is a big legacy to leave behind.  I am grateful that we were able to visit her on the 4th of July, which is the last time I saw her. 

  This is my grandmother visiting A for the first time in the NICU.

Goodbye Grandma.  I am glad that you are no longer suffering and are at peace.

No comments: