Wednesday, July 16, 2014

AdventureCon14

Photo taken by Julie Pippert

Remember when I attended AdventureCon13 last year?  It was my first blogging conference and I wasn't sure what to expect.  It was chock-full of so much information, so many wonderful people and a park that never ceases to amaze me.  Well, this year I was able to attend AdventureCon14 last month and it didn't disappoint.  Unlike last year, my whole family was able to come to the park and enjoy some of the event with me!

 Baby F and I with a very special guest.

The first night was a blogger mingle.   AdventureCon14 was a time to see old friends and make new ones.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to get to know some truly amazing people who just happen to be amazing bloggers as well.

 Introducing infants

Elayna and I were both pregnant at last year's AdventureCon.  It was so fun for our babies to meet!  Elayna - it is always a pleasure to see you and your sweet family.  The list goes on and on of amazing people that are special to me at AdventureCon.


 Those little touches

Returning to AdventureCon14 this year was like going to a family reunion.  I met new people and realized I miss those that I don't see more often.  Everyone is so welcoming, encouraging and the conference is full of little touches.  Like when I checked into my room and found the above note waiting for me.  Things like this just make me smile! 

AdventureCon14 was an amazing mixture of information and experience.  I love that we were able sit down and dive deeper into some blogging improvement and that we had interactions and experiences within the park.  It truly is a great mix.

SeaWorld Highlights

Roa's Aviary is a new attraction within Aquatica


These are some of the birds you will find within the Aviary (there is a back side too).


Roseate Spoonbills

Some of my favorite birds were the Roseate Spoonbills.  Similar to flamingos, their beautiful color is diet derived.  Their pink color combined with their long bills make them quite beautiful to view.

Kookaburra

Another thing that we were able to do was meet some of SeaWorld's Animal Ambassadors.  The Kookaburra was a hoot when it made its loud call which resembles human laughing.  There is something quite amazing when you are able to see animals up close and personal. 

A and B riding Shamu Express

The kids had a lot of fun riding different rides!  A, B, C, D and E all rode the Shamu Express.  It was D and E's first time.  Shamu Express has become our traditional family first roller coaster.  We just need for Baby F to grow so he can join in on the fun.  My oldest three were also able to ride Journey to Atlantis for the first time during this visit.  I was a nervous Momma bird but I am so glad for the opportunity for them to spread their wings while I am still in the picture.

Conference Sessions

Learning about Pinterest

This is what it is like to be in a session.  The speakers this year were so insightful and down to earth.  I loved that they were approachable and willing to share their insight.  We learned how to think like a reporter, how to be a great media source, what community storytelling is all about,  tips and tricks for pinterest, Google+ and much more.  Colleen, one of the Sea World Wildside bloggers, created this awesome post of tips from the conference.  If you are a blogger and thinking about going to a conference I cannot say enough good things about AdventureCon.  Take the plunge!  Go here and sign up for more information about AdventureCon15.  I hope to see you there.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I thought it was so neat for the babies to meet :) I will definitely check into next year's event-hope to see you there!

Debi Gerhart said...

It certainly sounds like a great time. It is neat that the babies were able to meet too.

mail4rosey said...

That's fun that you got to go two years in a row! I think it would be fun to go too.

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time. I would love to go to this! Amber N