Monday, March 25, 2019

Timberdoodle's Crayon Rocks Review

You can see the color selection on the color wheel attached to the drawstring bag.

I have a super fun item to share with you from Timberdoodle, Crayon Rocks!  Crayon Rocks are exactly what they sound like, crayons that look like rocks.  Friends, these are so fun!


They are easy to grasp and hold and their special rock shape allows small fingers to color in large, wide strokes.  Because they are thicker and shorter, they are also harder to break - score.  They are geared towards preschoolers 3+ but I think the age range is fairly wide as everyone can enjoy them.  Seriously, even hard to please teenagers! They are made from natural waxes and tinted with non-toxic mineral powders.  I really like the color selection.


This set comes with 32 different colors and the drawstring pouch making clean up easy peasy.  Just put them in the pouch and store them at room temperature or cooler to prevent possible melting.

Having fun playing with our crayon rocks!

Our Crayon Rocks in nature


Getting ready to use our new rock crayons!


G wanted to color a cement truck.


Using the rock crayons


A closer view of his grip...


G's masterpiece


F also chose a cement mixer.


F coloring his cement mixer rainbow.


I think he did a great job!


E worked on a princess picture.


D usually has trouble with her grip when working on handwriting.  I loved that I didn't have to talk with her at all about her grip when using our rock crayons!

 D's masterpiece.


The back of F's cement mixer page had an activity page that he just wanted to color.  You can see his grip again.

 Finished work

I think you could put these in an Easter basket as a fun item, use them as a stocking stuffer during the holidays or pair them with a fun coloring book or sketch journal for a truly unique gift idea.  The possibilities are endless.  The Crayon Rocks are a part of Timberdoodle's Preschool Curriculum Kit.

Disclosure:  Huge shout out to Timberdoodle for selecting me as a Timberdoodle Blogger.  Timberdoodle sent my family the Crayon Rocks for a discounted price in exchange for our honest review.  All opinions are my own.

4 comments:

See The World in PINK said...

These look so cool! I want some fun crayons like this for my son's birthday party next month!

Michelle said...

Those look amazing! I wish they were around when my youngest was small. He had such a hard time with crayons but he loved to draw so he kept working on them. I love their shape too!

Kathryn said...

Thanks!! They really are super fun.

blythe32 said...

My niece would love these crayon rocks. She loves to draw and paint so I know she would find fun ways to use these crayons.