Friday, June 7, 2019

The Old Schoolhouse® Hey, Mama! Homeschool Planner 2019/20 Year Review



If you are like me, then planning for the upcoming homeschool year can be tricky.  If you are looking for a planner to help you organize your upcoming homeschool year that comes with encouragement for the homeschooling mama, then I recommend you check out the Hey, Mama! Homeschool Planner 2019/20 Year with devotion written by Gena Suarez and published by The Old Schoolhouse®.

My beautiful planner

We have mostly wrapped up our current school year and now is the time when I begin planning for the future of Cummins Academy.  I personally really like having paper and pen when making lesson plans.  This planner is 189 pages with ring binding and colorfully, laminated front and back covers.  I really appreciate the ring binding as it allows the planner to lay flat and makes lesson planning and record keeping much easier for me!

Table of Contents - What's Included

One of the devotionals

Gena is a veteran homeschooling mom who does a great job sharing her heart with you and leading you to the Word within your homeschooling journey with the 21 short and encouraging devotionals included.  Devotional topics include joy, faith, patience, and perseverance to name a few.  I feel like the devotionals really make this planner unique and special.  

There is a great page on creating an academic transcript along with transcript pages to be used.  This is a great bonus for those with high schoolers.

There are at-a-glance calendars for 2019, 2020, and 2021 as well as 2 page monthly calendars beginning with July 2019 through June 2020.  I personally love the monthly views as it allows me to add in the kids activities and various events going on as well.  I started filling this in for the month of July to help me get a feel for our summer.  I should note that the 1st page of November 2019 has incorrect numbers for the days.  It's easily corrected though.  Each monthly calendar has a note page and devotional.  There are also weekly planning pages for up to 5 kids.  I would love for there to be room for 7 kids but this is more generous than previous planners I have used so I am thankful.

Curriculum Planning Sheet

I really like the curriculum planning section at the back of the planner.  It includes attendance sheets, reading logs, and goal sheets (first semester, second semester, and yearly) for up to 5 kids and I plan on fulling utilizing this section as I work on finalizing our upcoming curriculum.

Yearly Goals Page - I love that it focuses on more than education!

The Old Schoolhouse® has currently sold out of 98% of their print run of Hey, Mama! Homeschool Planner 2019/20 Year and they aren't planning on printing more until next year so get yours quick!  I'm looking forward to using mine throughout the summer and next school year.  Be sure to click on the banner below to read more reviews of this amazing planner.

Hey, Mama! Homeschool Planner for 2019/20 Year {The Old Schoolhouse® Reviews}

You can engage with The Old Schoolhouse® on social media @:


Crew Disclaimer 

No comments: