Thursday, April 9, 2020

Homemade Paper Dolls with Various Backgrounds For Clothing


D's girl is on the left and E's girl in on the right.

My sister-in-law shared a post on Facebook about making a drawing with basic-shaped clothing.  You then cut out the clothing to create a frame.  You go for a walk and use different backgrounds to represent the clothing.  It looked like so much fun.  I don't know who to give original credit to for this idea (shout out to whoever you are).  Of course, it was raining here today so D and E created their dolls and we used various backgrounds from around our home.  Enjoy!

 Just lay the girl over the pattern desired for the clothing.

 D's girl with a colorful rug leotard!

 D's girl with a black and white patterned leotard.

 D's girl with a cheetah leotard.

 E's girl with a rug dress.

 E's girl on top of a seashell.

 E's girl with a blanket dress.

E's girl with a pink leopard dress.

I love that you can use different colors, patterns and textures to create various looks.  I look forward to having the girls use nature for these when the weather clears up.  We went outside right after the rain to get the one below, love!

D's girl with a bush and berry leotard.

5 comments:

MaryAnne said...

These are really cute! I'll have to show my 7yo - I bet she'll love this!

Bible Momma said...

Such a cute idea! I absolutely loved playing with paper dolls when I was a little girl. God gifted me with 4 boys, so maybe some day I'll have granddaughters to do paper dolls with some day! lol

Educational Roots said...

What a cute idea! Such a fun thing to do with little gils. I am going to do it with mine.

Anne Marie said...

That is really clever and something I never thought of in all my years of doing paper dolls with my sisters and my daughters!

Kristen of A Mom's Quest to Teach said...

What a really cute idea! I think my daughter would enjoy doing something like - even maybe my son if we had the figure be Minecraft related.