Sunday, April 5, 2020

The Usborne Creative Writing Book from Timberdoodle Review

Our New Book

I have another Timberdoodle product to share with you today, The Usborne Creative Writing Book.

A peek at the contents of the book.

This book helps students develop creative problem-solving skills within a story.  They have opportunities to explore personal narratives, reviews, fiction, poetry and more!  There are a plethora of illustrations to help keep assignments lively and fun.  There are numerous prompts and activities that will help students write compelling, well-thought-out creative stories with character development, dialogue and more.

B with our book.

I was really torn on having B (who has a love for writing) or C (who is just fine not writing) work through this book.  In the end, I actually had several of the kids (B (8th), C (7th), D (5th) and E (2nd)) work on various assignments throughout our book and they all had fun with it.  Score!

 B working in our book.

 I really like B's slogans for these products.

B started a listicle (the book explains it) for 12 Reasons Why D is the Craziest of Our Family.

 
 E had fun making a map of Mom and Dad's Dream Island.

A closer look...

 C wrote a comic about finding treasure!

A closer look at C's comic.

And D wrote a haiku about butterflies.

A closer look...

I really like the Glossary in the back of the book.

I don't want to show you the entire book and every assignment but I do want you to know that this book is such a great springboard for students to develop and have fun with their writing.  If you are familiar with Usborne, then you know that they have quality books.  This one does not disappoint and we would highly recommend it.

The Usborne Creative Writing Book is recommended for 5th grade and up (10+) and is currently part of Timberdoodle's 8th Grade Curriculum Kit.

 

Disclosure: Huge shout out to Timberdoodle for selecting me as a Timberdoodle Blogger. Timberdoodle sent my family The Usborne Creative Writing Book in exchange for our honest review. All opinions are my own. 

2 comments:

Mumma said...

D rocks the earth!!

MaryAnne said...

What a fun book! I could see a couple of my kids enjoying this one.