Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Timberdoodle's TwoStick Shadows Multi-Canvas Paint Kit: Birds Review


A has been enjoying painting birds with an art kit from Timberdoodle, TwoStick Shadows Multi-Canvas Paint Kit: Birds.  This kit is perfect for kids that enjoy painting.  This kit is referred to as having training wheels in painting in that you paint directly on a canvas shadow image, with a color image as your only guide.  The closer you copy the guide and follow the details, the more your painting will look like the original.  There are several videos on the TwoSticks  website that will show your artist how to complete different skills such as how to thin your paint with water to make it more translucent, how to mix your paint to make a darker or lighter color, etc. 

 Our box had a fun bird on it!

 The box sticker shows the pieces that are included.

 First look inside our box.

 Our kit contains 18 tubes of quality acrylic paint, two brushes of different sizes, six canvas shadows of various birds, a color guide images for each of the six canvas shadows, and a wooden frame (that you can use to frame the largest canvas).

 A closer look at the acrylic paint and brushes.

 A wanted to start with this bird canvas, one of the smaller ones.

 A's workspace

 Finishing her piece...

 Above you can see her palette of colors that she mixed.

 The guide image on the left and A's finished piece on the right.

A closer view - I think she did fantastic!

 She chose to paint the hummingbird next, also a smaller piece.

 More than halfway through...

 A's finished bird

  Again, I think she did great!

 The guide image can be seen on the left and A's finished piece on the right.

 Next, A worked on the bird on a branch.

 This piece has a full background.

 Starting the bird...

 A's completed bird on a branch.

 The guide image can be seen on the right this time with A's finished piece on the left.

 A painted the pastel background bird next.


 Working on the pastel background bird.  I love her background on this one.

 Another view...

 Painting her piece...

A's completed pastel background bird.  Wow!  The colors are fantastic.

 The guide image can be seen on the left with A's finished piece on the right.

I love how this kit is increasing A's confidence as a painter.  The website videos are short but have great instructions on how you can utilize your paint and hone your mixing skills.  This kit gives you the tools and projects to help you become less dependent on shadow canvases so that you can decide your own colors and shadows to create original pieces of your own.  I am so pleased with the quality of this kit and I would highly recommend it.  I think A's paintings are superb and I look forward to her completing the last two pieces and of course framing the largest with the included frame!

Disclosure: Huge shout out to Timberdoodle for selecting me as a Timberdoodle Blogger. Timberdoodle sent my family TwoStick Shadows Multi-Canvas Paint Kit: Birds in exchange for our honest review.  All opinions are my own.

3 comments:

Bible Momma said...

I love this kit. Seems so relaxing! I want it for myself. HA

Nyxie said...

I would love to try something like this! I've been looking for something creative to do during lockdown!

SmartShopperGuide said...

This kit looks so cool. I would love to get it for my resident little artist.