Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Updating Our Silhouettes

D and E are on the wall!  I made our first family silhouettes January 2009 (yes, 3 years ago!).  Back then it was just the five of us.  I had originally intended to update them every January.  Well, that didn't happen and here we are 3 years later and we have added two more kiddos!  I only updated the kids.  I haven't had a chance to do David and I but honestly we are both very similar - it is the kids who dramatically change!

 
Before

 And After!  What do you think?

 The photos I took of A, B, C & D

First, I print the photos on normal computer paper.  David helps me scale the kids so they are the proportional size to each other that they need to be.  Then I rubber cement it to black card stock.  I carefully cut out the photo how I want it, peel off the photo, flip it around and rubber cement it to white card stock.  Place it in the frame and done!  Super easy.

 After I peeled off the photo, flipped it and framed it - end result.

E's silhouette

Every time I look at these it reminds me how much my kids favor each other :)

3 comments:

Neha said...

Wow...need to try this out. Looks interesting and innovative!

Unknown said...

How very cool. Love the idea. You visited me and linked up a few weeks back and I'm just now getting back to follow you. Thanks for visiting and sorry it took me so long!

Bonita Buckley said...

Aww this is so cute! I need to do this!