Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Teespring Review


Have you heard of Teespring?  It is a crowdfunding platform for groups, causes and communities to design and sell custom apparel.

Anyone can design a shirt (using your own design or choosing from the 1,000s of graphics provided) which can then be sold via facebook, twitter, or anywhere on-line.  The profits are sent to the seller.  Teespring can be used as a fundraising tool or just to earn some extra cash.

The seller decides a set date and therefore determines when the shirts print and ship.  This allows the seller to pay nothing upfront and take no risks.  Pretty cool huh?  Here's the deal: if the minimum goal is not reached, the shirts will not be printed and the buyers will not be charged.

 Here is my shirt design. 

I just launched my own campaign called Live Simply Give Generously which can be viewed here.

I was impressed with all the options available.  There are three different shirt choices to choose from - Hanes Tagless Tee (which I chose), Canvas Ringspun Tee and the American Apparel Crew.  Not to mention numerous color choices - I went with a more neutral color (Ash) in hopes of appealing to a wider audience.  And the designing, they allow you to upload your own graphic or choose from the many available (and there are many!).

Next you set a goal.

You set a price for each shirt that will meet your goal.  In this photo if 50 tees are sold, then $165 would be raised for my cause.  I love the way that this site is set up - extremely user friendly.

Finally, launch your campaign.

One of the hardest things for me to figure out was what campaign I wanted to launch.  I knew that I wanted it to be about giving and that I wanted to give 100% of the proceeds away but that was it.  It has been such a joy to watch how excited my kids have been to raise money for shoes for children in Ethiopia that I decided to launch a campaign and give the proceeds to that cause - why not?

I am not sure if my campaign will make, I need to sell at least 50 shirts but I am excited about this opportunity and I really hope it does!  The opportunities are really endless.

Ready to launch your own campaign?  Just go to teespring.com/design to get started.

Disclosure: Thanks so much to Sverve and Teespring for selecting me to participate in this campaign.  Compensation was provided.  All opinions expressed are 100% my own.

1 comment:

Neha said...

This sounds good. How is it going for you? Hope it goes well! All the best!!