Thursday, May 6, 2021

Sports Fun

How do you guys do so much?  This is a question I am frequently asked and the truth is, I don't know!  It's mostly in reference to our kids sports and activities.  I guess I have always felt that I never wanted my kids to not be a part of something because we are a large family.  Of course, they can't do everything 😉!  There is so much to be learned and gained through sports and David and I both have made opportunities work for our kids.  Some seasons are easier or "lighter" than others and some definitely feel heavier.  And if you ask my kids (or listen to any of my videos) you will hear that I am one of their biggest cheerleaders.  I may not be able to flip and do the splits but I can woohoo like the best of them!  So what are the kids currently doing?  


A has become very involved in 4-H Shooting Sports this year, specifically archery and rifle.

B is still loving volleyball.  She played for the Austin Royals last Fall.  She gets together weekly with some friends and is participating in a recreational league for the next few months, go Dragons!

C took a break last Fall from baseball to try out soccer and really enjoyed it.  He is playing spring baseball and is on the Astros right now.

D is still training for gymnastics.  She had to sit last season out (she had surgery on her elbow in January for OCD) but she is working hard to compete next season!  I can't wait to see her routines.

E is still loving ballet.  Sadly we have had a hard time finding her a class at her previous studio so we had to sign up with a studio farther away via zoom.  It's not ideal but it works for now.

F was able to stay on his same soccer team (same coaches and players) from last year, go Thunder!  I'm super proud of him and how quickly he picks up skills.

G is up to everything with me but nothing official yet.  He has shown interest in soccer.  Five of the older kids also participate in a weekly homeschool PE program - they love it and G is counting down the days till he can join them!  So, what activities are your kids into?

No comments: